Friday, March 28, 2014

HAPPY....Five for Friday!

HAPPY FRIDAY, FOLKS!! 
Congratulations for making it through another week, it sounds easy when you think about it, but in reality we all know it can be quite tough.  Let's get started with my FIVE FOR FRIDAY!!! WOO!!!



For starters, how about that weather?! I mean, really, what is going on?!  Now, I know Nebraska is known to have some crazy weather every now and again, but this week was just insane! You would have sworn my firsties were on some kind of sugar rush had you walked into my classroom. Needless to say, this week was a long one and by Wednesday my friend "Lynn" and I were ready for a little R&R...so we treated ourselves to a lovely mani/pedi.  I decided to go with bright spring colors in hopes that it would bring warm weather soon, and then something AWESOME happened.  The lady that was painting my toes offered to make a design, which of course I whipped out my phone and brought up a cheetah design I have been dying to try. Now, I had asked many other places to try this adorable design and had been denied every time, BUT this lady took on the challenge and CHECK IT OUT!!!!!! 


They look GREAT! My cheetah toes definitely brightened my day, and I'm holding out hope for a day that I can wear my cute sandals to school and show them off! I know the warm weather may be wishful thinking on my part, but hey, a girl has got to dream, right?



This week has definitely been exhausting and to be honest my mind has been stuck in San Antonio.  I often find myself daydreaming of the warm sun, beautiful River-walk and the soft sounds of a Mariachi band playing in the background.  For those of you who didn't stop by last week, you can check out my blog post about my trip to San Antonio here!  Here is just a little taste of the Mariachi band we heard, quite frequently while we were there.



These guys were a lot of fun! Excuse the poor video quality...I was passing my phone across the table to my fiance to get a better angle. I also was not expecting him to get me in the video either.






google image

While on vacation I took some time to pick up a book and read for my own enjoyment.  I loved The Hunger Games and wanted a book or series that was similar, so I picked up Divergent.  I was totally against them in the beginning simply because I felt like they were a watered down copy-cat of The Hunger Games series, however, I was wrong.  I LOVE THESE BOOKS! Granted, there are some similarities between the two series, but they still are just as fun to read.  I loved them so much that I read the entire first book on the 13 hour ride home from San Antonio and started the second book on Tuesday and I am already half-way through it! Yup, that is my NERD statement of the day, but I don't mind! I strongly suggest this series for anyone who wants to read for some enjoyment this upcoming summer.



google image

This week my students have been talking NON-STOP about the movie Frozen.  I told them they couldn't tell me what happens because I am hoping to talk my fiance into watching it with me this weekend. They were all a little bummed that they couldn't tell me EVERYTHING about the movie so we compromised and listened to the sound track all week.  Holy cow! The music for the movie is AMAZING!  I loved it so much that I kept is playing during all (and by all I mean the few minutes I have between making copies and running to the bathroom) of my planning periods...shhh! {another nerd statement}. After listening to the soundtrack I am probably even more excited to see the movie than I was before!  Hmmm...maybe I can bribe my fiance with food...I'll have to work on that.



I left the most exciting news for last!  As you know, I have a fairly new store on TPT and I have been working really hard on brainstorming and creating products to post to share with all of you. Well, I was becoming a little frustrated with my inability to convert my products on my own laptop due to the fact that I didn't have the correct program to secure them.  I have quite a few products just sitting on my computer waiting to be converted and pushed out to the rest of you, but didn't have access to my fiances laptop (who lives an hour away and has the program I use). SOOOO....I bought it! Which means I will be creating and converting like a mad woman tonight and all weekend! YAY!  Be sure to stop by my store or Instagram to see what brilliant products (or freebies) I will be posting!

Well folks, that's all I have for this Friday. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I am go glad you stopped by! I hope you have a very HAPPY weekend!




Thanks for stoppin' by! 

2 comments:

  1. Your mani/pedi looks fabulous! I LOVE pink! I agree the music from Frozen is SO good! I look forward to looking through your TpT products! I am your newest follower to your store! Good luck!

    Tricks of the Trade in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mani/pedi! I live in Texas and just love San Antonio :)
    My girls are also OBSESSED with Frozen and sing the songs all day long..drives me crazy after awhile.
    Congrats on getting that program! I hope we both make it worth the money some day :)

    Carrie
    Adventures In Kinder and Beyond

    ReplyDelete