Monday, October 13, 2014

Holy Lobster Award! wait, no Liebster Award darn computer!

Hey there! I hope you are all having an amazing Monday! It has been cold and rainy here in Nebraska which has made me want to cuddle up with blankets and nap for days, but then I saw I was tagged by Tasha from Confessions of a Tiny Teacher for a Liebster Award! Needless to say, my day became a bit brighter! 



What is this Liebster Award, you ask? Well, I did what any normal person would do and I googled this lovely award to give you an explanation. However, I am not the first person to google this nifty award…so, the best explanation I can give you is this (I made it up): 

The Liebster award was created (by someone, duh) to introduce bloggers to readers and promote a bloggin' community (where we sit in circles and sing songs…literally…we teach, folks don't act like you haven't done it!). In all seriousness, it is a great way to discover new blogs (with less than 200, 250 or 3,000 followers…there were quiet a few discrepancies in the numbers) and some amazing people! 

So, I graciously accept this amazing award which means I have some questions to answer from Tasha and you get to learn 11 random facts about me (now would be the time to run)…so get ready for some fun and lots of humor! 

WOOHOO….Here we go! 

Questions from Tasha:


1.  How long have you been teaching? 
I have been teaching for 4 years, 3 of which have been in First Grade. I taught 4th grade for one year and loved everything except the fact that my students looked me in straight in the eye (I'm 5 ft. 3in of pure awesomeness) and they smelled funny sometimes, but I loved them all the same. 

2.  What is your favorite subject to teach?

have 2 favorite subjects. One of my faves is Guided Reading…I love working with small groups of kiddos and teaching them to love books! My other favorite is Math, which may come as a shock to any of my old Elementary Teachers because I HATED…no…LOATHED Math each and every day. I hated it so much my stomach would toss and turn and I would often get sick. I struggled severely and later learned that I suffered from a learning disability called Dyscalculia (dyslexia with numbers and math processes)….SOOOOO I have made sure that NONE of my students suffer the way I did when it comes to Math! I love thinking outside the box and making math fun!  

3.  What are 3 things you would say describe you?

Oh goodness, ummI guess if someone were to describe me in three words or "things" I would think/hope they would say that I am 1) Funny 2) Outgoing 3) Caring. 

4.  What is the best thing about teaching, in your opinion?

The best thing about teaching, in my opinion, would have to be the fact that I get to make a difference everyday. I get to help children discover their potential and reach goals and dreams they never knew they could reach! I also love the kid quotesthey are pretty great! 

5.  If you weren't a teacher, what other career would you have?

OOOOOOthis is a good one! Ihmmm……uhhhhhhhhhh.well, I guess could adopt a bunch of dogs and raise them! ORI could craftuhstuff and sell it! I really have no ideateaching is what I was made to do! 

6.  What is your drink of choice?

Well, I feel like this is a loaded question! With me, it depends on the time of day. Anytime before 10 a.m. my drink of choice is coffee or tea. After 10a.m. its water and Dr. Pepper…and after 5 o'clock a sweet moscato/Riesling , bloody mary or any adult beverage will do! 

7.  What kind of music do you like?

I like any kind of music I can sing with, dance to or a song that has well written lyrics. That's pretty much any genreright?

8.  What are your hobbies?

Umm…I think teaching is my hobby. I like to create things, but other than that I'm usually making jokes or procrastinating laundry/cleaning. 

9.  Where is the best place you've ever traveled?

Disney World! YES I AM 5 AND I DON'T CARE! I LOVED DisneyI would love to make it back there someday! Hmmthink I can talk the Fiancé into a honeymoon to Disney?! I can be very persuasiveor demandingwhich ever way you want to look at it. HA!



 10.  What is your favorite food?

Um…my favorite food…is FOOD! I'm a total fat kid at heart. BUT if I have to pick a favorite it is definitely Chinese! Give me some Chicken and Broccoli with 3 (yes 3, I am particular) Cran Rangoon and I am one happy person. 

11.  Morning or night person?

Well…let me put it this way...

I am a night owl. I love staying up late, but I also love my sleep. Once I have had my coffee I am close to functioning like a normal person, but I won't be wide awake until 10:00 am…at the earliest. 

Now, 11 random facts about me…
1. My favorite color is blue. 
2. I am allergic to metal which makes wearing jewelry difficult…no cheap jewelry for me.
3. I am obsessed with bags…purses, totes (lots of totes), duffle bags etc. 
4. I used to run track and now I hate running for a workout (I was a sprinter..short distances are all I have the attention span for)
5. I have to know all of the lyrics to a song so I can sing with the radio. 
6. I talk in movie quotes 85% of the time
7. I have terrible road rage…it's best when people don't drive around me :) 
8. I am sleep with a stuffed Eeyore…yup…I'm 25 and sleep with an Eeyore DEAL WITH IT! 
9. I only like to eat the tops of muffins…Seinfeld anyone?! 
10. I am obsessed with Scandal and Pretty Little Liars
11. My birthday is on June 11th! 


Now for my nominees! 

I nominate the following AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT BLOGGERS...

Melanie over at The Teaching Queen...





Laura from A Grace Filled Classroom




Meredith from The Big Apple Teacher…our dogs are twins (well, thats what we like to think)



Stephanie from The Loopy Teacher




And Ashley from One Sharp Bunch! 




Alright ladies, here are the "rules" for accepting this nomination:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 250 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself. 
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination.

Here are your questions! 
1.  How long have you been teaching? 
2.  What is your favorite subject to teach?
3.  What are 3 words that describe you?
4.  What is the best thing about teaching, in your opinion?
5.  If you weren't a teacher, what other career would you have?
6.  What is your favorite children's book?
7.  What is your favorite movie?
8.  What secret goodies do you keep in your desk (could be a school supply, snack, lotion etc). ?
9.  Where is the best place you've ever traveled?
 10.  What is your favorite food? 
11.  What is your favorite quote?

I hope you all have enjoyed getting to know me a little better and I hope you have found some new blogs to check out! If you would like to see my past Liebster Award posts click here! 




Thanks for stoppin' by! 



2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Megan! What an honor and a great way to link up with fabulous bloggers! :)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Megan! You are so sweet! I love all of your answers to the questions! HILARIOUS, especially the night owl part!

    Ashley
    One Sharp Bunch

    ReplyDelete