Friday, October 3, 2014

October Currently with a Trick AND a Treat!

Hey there! I am so excited that fall is finally here which also means that it's time to link up with Farley for here October Currently! 

Let's get rollin'…




Listening- I am laid up on the couch thanks to my cold and I have been obsessed with Scandal…so I'm taking a break and watching How I Met Your Mother     …love it! 

Loving- The fall weather! The fresh cool air, the cozy sweaters and, of course, EVERYTHING PUMPKIN SPICE! This is one happy white girl! 
Thinking- My fall break is technically 2 weeks long, but I am only taking one,because I will be teaching an enrichment group of first and second graders about "Farm to Table".  I'm looking for fun, hands-on, project-based learning ideas for this and I have a million ideas running around. I have never done PBL lessons, so I'm super nervous on setting it up the right way. Do you have any helpful tips or hints?! I'm all ears!
Wanting- I have been fighting a stubborn cold the entire time I have been on break. Today, it has really knocked me on my butt…so my butt is staying on the couch. I am hoping that lots of naps and laying low will help me make it through my next week of teaching. **fingers crossed**
Needing- To sleep…yeah, remember all those ideas I told you were racing through my head? They have also been keeping me up (along with cold meds)…so, again, today will hopefully be filled with naps and cuddles from Kyle (my dog…not my fiancĂ©). 
Trick or Treat- I'm doing BOTH! How can I just choose one!?





Here is my TRICK! 

Nowadays we all have nifty smart phones and we also have students leaving our classroom at random times. I could not keep all of my students times straight, so I decided to set an alarm for each student or groups of students to help us all remember that they need to go! My kiddos love it because I let them choose a sound from my phone and I love it because it keeps us all on track! 



So, give it a try and let me know how it goes!



And here is your TREAT!

Now, I do not have any "October" themed products simply because  I cannot use them in my classroom.  At my school we have a very high population of families that do not recognize birthdays, halloween, Christmas and quite a few other celebrations. So, I apologize for not having a halloween-ish item to share with you. Instead I have put the following items on sale until MONDAY (and if you go to my store you might find a surprise!) !! 







Well folks, I think it's about time for me to take a nap and kick this cold! I hope you have a wonderful enjoyed your short stay here at my blog! 




Thanks for stoppin' by! 



7 comments:

  1. I agree with you about everything pumpkin spice!!! Have you tried the pumpkin spice Oreos?!?! They are SO good!! Your "Farm to Table" enrichment group sounds like it will be fun! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    recipeforteaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog design is so cute! I also set alarms on my iPhone for my special ed groups. i wouldn't remember if not for that. I hadn't thought about letting them pick the sound though. Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! You want the cold to go away and I want to heat to go away! LOL Here in San Diego we are having a heat wave right now.....high 90s!

    Your blog is lovely!
    Janice
    www.prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the trick!! What a clever idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cell phone trick is brilliant! I had to do the exact same thing today to remember to send one of my babes to the library! I love that they get to choose their own sound! So fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that cell phone trick - what a great way to keep track of it. I could use that in my classroom for sure! Also, I hope that you feel better!

    Katie
    Living the First Grade Dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the trick!!! I need to try that!
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete