Thursday, September 18, 2014

My first Fix..Stitch Fix, that is!

Hey there! Sooo….I have been watching all of my bloggy friends receive some awesome clothes from Stitch Fix…I did a little reading, explored my Pinterest Fashion boards and decided to try it out for myself and I'm here to share my experience with you! 


If you are going, "Wait, what is Stitch Fix?"… let me help you. >The following statement was directly pulled from the Stitch Fix website< 

"Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a selection of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. You can buy what you like and return the rest!"

Sorry for the inserted comment, but why try to re-explain what it is when they have already done it!? ANYWHOO…I am here to share with you my VERY FIRST STITCH FIX! YAY! 

WARNING: THIS IS MY FIRST STITCH FIX AND NOT EVERYTHING WAS EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED…but I do plan on ordering my next fix very soon, because they really got my overall style…now, to just continue with my wedding diet and all will be good! HA! 


Today my first Stitch Fix arrived and I could not wait to see what was in this awesome box!  Now, I was really skeptical about the clothes I would get…I wondered if they would fit or if they would even be what I was looking for, but I WAS SO WRONG!! I AM IN LOVE WITH STITCH FIX! 


Here…see for yourself! 



The first item out of my box was this nifty little blouse! It had a black appliqué back and was SUPER comfy. I, however, didn't feel like it looked super great on me (ya know…girl body image issues…we all have them) so, I sent this one back…but it's okay because there was more! 



Next was this adorable army green jacket! I LOVED it (excuse the weird face)! The only problem was my chest region (it can be a blessing and a curse)…so I sadly sent this jacket back too.  I really wish I could have kept this, but I know I can find something similar that will fit my "chesticles"(a word I made up…it may be inappropriate, but hey..we are all adults here). 

 Okay…so one awesome thing about Stitch Fix is that you can ask for specific pieces for upcoming events.  For instance, I have a ton of weddings coming up this year and I need some dresses that I can wear to all of them. So, I asked for my stylist to look for a dress that would work for school and for a wedding…and maybe a few date nights here and there.  My stylist sent me this adorable little number and I loved everything about it….expect when it was on me (again…more body image problems). So…this cute little thing went back too, but hey…it's my first fix…they aren't going to get everything right the first time. 



Finally, I found these super soft boyfriend skinnies at the bottom of my box!  I know this may not be the greatest angle, but I LOVE THEM! You better believe I kept these awesome jeans and I'm planning on breaking them out this weekend for the Husker game! WOOT WOOT! 

There was also a super long necklace, but again…when you have a large chest region…awkwardly long necklaces just don't work. 


So, there ya have it (whether you wanted it or not) you saw my very first stitch fix and got to know me a little bit better. Again…maybe you got to know me a little more than you wanted too, but oh well! 

If you have been wondering about Stitch Fix, go and check it out for yourself! You don't have to sign up for your first fix right away…you can definitely explore the idea for a few days, hours or minutes…whatever! It really is pretty nifty and I can't wait to sign up for my next one! 


I hope you enjoyed your stop here and feel free to follow me on Instagram or Twitter! 


Have a great weekend! 


Thanks for stoppin' by! 



2 comments:

  1. My first Fix wasn't great as well. I should be getting my 5th Fix next week. I am right there with you on the chest region. It's very hard. You can check out my fixes. I hope your next one is better. I can't wait to read about it.

    Cara
    The Teacher's Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!!! I might have go try this out soon! Love those jeans!! And, I just got a similar military style jacket at Old Navy!
    Chandra
    Teaching with Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete