Sunday, August 4, 2013

A little about me and some awesome finds at Target...

Okay...so since it has been awhile since I have posted anything I thought I would give you a little background on where I am currently in my life.  I am a first grade teacher in Nebraska and I love it. This is my second year teaching first grade, but my third year in the world of education. Last year, I took a jump into Fourth Grade and had a lot of fun, but I definitely missed my little ones! The school I teach at is on a "continuous calendar" which is similar to year round. I love it so far! I mean, only having 6 weeks off for my summer really isn't much different from everyone else nowadays. 
Just this summer I was able to fulfill a dream of mine. I got my very own puppy (well, with my lovely boyfriend of course). Everyone say hello to Kyle the Miniature Schnauzer. He loves to cuddle with me while I scroll through Pinterest or eat...I mean, help pick up the scraps of paper or lamination that I am cutting out at the time. 

 As you can see, Kyle also has great fashion sense. We were very lucky to be able to go out and spend a great day on the lake. You better believe that Kyle was the most ridiculous looking stylish dog out on the lake that day! For future reference, I do not always dress Kyle in clothes...only when I find it to be necessary...which isn't often.

When it comes to my classroom style I am a total color nut! I love animal print (my favorite being zebra), pretty polka dots and bright colors.  Let's be honest though, who doesn't love color in their classrooms.   I hope to post a classroom tour soon..so stay tuned! 



Enough about me....now let's talk about Target.....

I absolutely LOVE Target! I think we all know that their Dollar spot is simply to die for, there are so many hidden treasures in there! Well, I ran by Target for a "quick trip" which turned into me wandering aimlessly and finding magnificent items for my classroom. When I get into my wandering mode you can almost always find me in the school supply aisles. My boyfriend no longer worries when I wander off simply because he knows there is only once place I can be found.

 I LOVE school supplies! So, of course I ended up back in the school supply area where I found some awesome Scentos markers! My kiddos love when I get these out to grade papers or I let them use them for Word Work. The best thing is that they are only $1, plus they have so many fun scents. The item I am most excited about is the little note cards! ...

I mean, look at these! The opportunities are endless and they are only $1(ish) I will most likely be making mine into sight word flashcards, but I am tempted to go back and buy more simply because I can make them into anything! 



Well, I'm sure I will have more Target purchases to share sooner or later, but that's all I have for now! I hope you enjoyed my little update. I am glad you stopped by! Check back soon for my blog make-over and more classroom updates!


See you soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment