Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Parent Teacher Conferences, fab finds and share time!



Okay, so I'm sure some of you looked at the title of this post and probably did a double take. But, yes, you did read it correctly...this week I have Parent Teacher Conferences. I know it's probably very early for most of you to be thinking about this, but I am curious. How do you share information with your parents on conference night?

I have found that using a Conference folder that the students help create is a great tool. While browsing through TPT I found some adorable conference ideas. I will share with you my top two favorite conference folder ideas.

The first favorite comes from Rachelle and Natalie at What the Teacher Wants. Their lion themed conference folder cover is just too cute! I used these covers my very first year of teaching and not only did my kids love decorating them, but their parents LOVED them. 




Photo is from What the Teacher Wants blog.



My second favorite idea came from Carolyn McCleary, from Nurturing Noggins, who was inspired by Rachelle and Natalie from What the Teacher Wants. This conference packet has a personal report card, a reminder note, a teacher form and a conference folder cover (that is adorable!). Click here to hop on over to TPT and snag this freebie from Carolyn! I thought the "Dog-gone" folder cover was brilliant and my students loved decorating their own conference folders. 

So feel free to share! How do you share information with your Parents at conferences? Post a comment below with any links or ideas you have! (sorry I don't know how to do all those cool linky doo-dad things yet, I'm still learning). So, in the mean time we will do it the simple way! I can't wait to see what wonderful ideas we find! 


Thanks for stoppin' by! 



No comments:

Post a Comment